Congratulations to Dr. Sumita Sarkar Dean, IBSAR for "Research Excellence Fellowship 2019" at Department of Anthropology & Sociology, CEU, Budapest (Hungry).
Senior Research Excellence Fellowship, 2019, at Department of Anthropology & Sociology, CEU, Budapest (Hungry) .
Senior Research Visiting Fellowship, 2016, at The Dept. of Sociology, Charles University, Prague, Chez Republic.
Sir Ratan Tata fellowship, Asia Research Center, London School of Economics, UK, 2008-09
Ministry of Defense Fellowship, 2000-2002
Sir Dorabji Merit Fellowship 1996-99
- 1. Paper entitled, “Social Pathology and Youth Anomie — A Case Study of Mumbai City”, received the best paper award for paper presentation and paper content, at British Post Graduate Criminology Conference, University of Hull, UK, Center for Criminology and Criminal Justice, April, 2002.
List of Publications (Published):
Gender, Space & Identity : Women Narratives and Interpretations, Tea Gardens, West Bengal, 2018, JES , VOL.8, No.2, p:146-159
Media & Women Image : A Feminist Discourse , Journal of Media & communication Studies (online), Vol 6 (No.3), p: 48-58, ISSN 2141-2545; http://www.academicjournals.org/jmcs , 2016
Displaced Livelihood & Emerging Issues of Sustainability: A study on Women forest Dwellers, Buxa Duars, North Bengal, India, Journal of Exclusion Studies Vol-4, No-1 Feb 2014
Migration, Diversification of Livelihood & Sustainability: A Case of Mankhurd, Mumbai, 2014, Journal of Exclusion Studies, Vol.6 (issue I), pg: 1-17
5. Closure of Tea Gardens and Displaced Livelihood: A Study of Women Plantation Labour, Journal of Social Exclusion, 2013, Vol.3 (1), P:51-61
- Copenhagen Summit: A critical view to UNFCC, ASBM (forthcomimg) December, 2011
- Fear of Victimisation amongst Urban Neighbourhood : A Case of Mumbai, (forthcoming) UDRI, December, 2011
- Corporate Crime: Discourse & Dilemmas, CBI Bulletin (Oct-Dec 2010)
- Women Entrepreneurs and their Emerging Livelihood Issues, ASBM, March, 2010
- Increasing Fear and Sense of insecurity in Mumbai Metropolis, CBI, July, 2009
- Safety and Security of Citizens in City of Mumbai in Mumbai Reader'08Supported by "The Arts Management 'Initiative of Sri Ratan Tata Trust , Mumbai Redears-08, Urban Design Research Institute , pp.476-494, Sept, 2009
- Women in Unorganized Sector and Brick Klin Industry: A Case of Navi Mumbai, The Personnel, NIPM Journal, April-June, 2008, P:3113. Youth in organized crime in Mumbai: A developmental Perspective in Indian Journal of Social Work , vol. 69, issue no.3, July, 2008,pp. 297-480
- Women at Work in the Era Globalisation: A Flip Side, Presented at International Feminist Summit, Townsville, Australia , 22-17 june,2007 and published in Conference Compendium, website address, www.fagenda.org
- Beggary in Urban India: Conflict and Challenges of Development, Social Action, Vol: 57, No.1, pp: 45-55. , 2007
- Women Labour-force in Unorganized Sector: A Study on Construction Workers in Navi Mumbai, The Personnel, NIPM Journal, Vol XXVII (No. 2), P: 20-27 , 2007
- Effective Leadership Style: A Case Study on Few Leaders in the MNC in Mumbai, published, Synergy, I.T.S. journal of I.T & Management, Vol.4.No.2, July 2006, P:109-111
- Juvenile Delinquency and Role of Family and School: Three Cases of Homicide in Kolkata ", published in the Indian Journal Social Work, Vol.66, Issue No. 1, P: 14-35(2006)
- Developments in Information Technology and Criminal Vulnerability: Emerging Challenges in Urban India, 2003, The Indian Police Journal, Vol. L, No (2), P: 62
- Nature and Extent of Juvenile Delinquents in Kolkata and Greater Kolkata: An Exploration, in Indian Journal of Social Work, Vol. 64, Jan, 2003.
- Penology and Penalty of Death: Discourse and Dilemmas, CBI Bulletin, Vol. X, No. (9), Sept, 2002, pp: 15
Sarkar, S. (2002): Combating Organized Crime as Systems Strategy: A Case of Mumbai Metropolis in the Indian Police Journal, January – March, pp. 42-52.
Sarkar, S. (2002): Juveniles Under Trials in Calcutta and Greater Calcutta: An Explorations in Contemporary Social Work, vol. XIX, April, pp. 96-106
Sarkar, S. (2000): Combating Organized Crime: A Case Study of Mumbai City. Fault lines, vol. 12, pp.133.
Research papers (Presented at International Research Seminars):
- Sustainable Development & Marginalised forest communities: A Case Studies of Two Villages in North Bengal, (BTR), ISI, Bangalore , Golden jubilee conference , compilation, 5-7th December, 2013
- Media & Women Image: A Gender Discourse. Presented at FICOM UP Conference, 26th June, 2012, Jakarta, Universitas Pancalsila, Indonesia
- Counter Cultural Impact of Alternative Tourism : A Case of Gaddi Community, Dharamkot, HP, India, at UKHM university, Bangi, KUAL, Malaysia, May, 2009
- Development & Crime : Future Shock of India, working research paper, Presented at Public Lecture, LSE, 2009
- Paper titled "Workaholism among professionals", presented in conference at IIT Kanpur, at Annual Psychological Conference, 2007.
- Paper titled "Urban Safety and Resurgence to Policy Implementation: A Case of Mumbai", is presented at International Conference on Economic Reform in India and China - Emerging Issues and Challenges, 29-30,Feb, 2005, IGIDR Campus.
- Paper on "Growing Insecurity and Unsafe Life in Mumbai Metropolis: Implication for Policy Intervention", submitted and accepted in 'Resurgent City Symposium, 2004, London School of Economics', 19th –21st April, 2004.
"Juvenile Delinquency and Role of School: Three Cases of Homicide in Kolkata Metropolis", Paper was accepted for the Second International Conference on Violence in School, May 11-14, 2003, Qubec City, Canada, (not presented).
Paper entitled " The Youth in Organized Crime in Mumbai Metropolis: A Developmental Perspectives" presented at Post Graduate Conference, University of Leicester, UK, Scarman Centre, April, 2003
"Social Pathology and Youth Anomie — A Case Study of Mumbai City". Presented at British Post Graduate Criminology Conference, University of Hull, UK, Center for Criminology and Criminal Justice, April, 2002..
Research on Closure of Tea Gardens and Displaced Livelihood: Case Women Laborers in the Plantations of Darjeeling District, West Bengal, on going sponsored by ICSSR, New Delhi, 2008-11
Counter –Cultural Impact of Alternative Tourism: A Case of Dharamkot, Himachal Pradesh, funded by UGC, University of Mumbai, 2006-07
Women Labour force in Construction: A Case of Navi Mumbai, 2005
- Emerging Livelihood Issues of Women working in Brick Kiln: A Case of Panvel Village Clusters, Navi Mumbai, 2005
- Changing Culture and Habit amongst Women working in BPO: A Study of few Call Centers in Navi Mumbai, 2004
- Co-ordinated a study on impact of fines and penalties on motor vehicle drivers in May 2002. The study was conducted by Road Users Safety Forum. A Project funded by BPR&D, Ministry of Home Affairs, New Delhi., 2002
- Research Project for the Unit for Urban Studies, TISS, titled "Space, Crime and City: A Case of Mumbai", 2003
1. Gender Inequality & Discriminatory Practices in India : Discourse and Dilemmas, 2019, rawat Publication, New Delhi
2. Gloablisation and Gender”, 2010, Rawat Publication, New Delhi
Research Working Paper:
Religion, Faith and its Survival in post Modern Era: A contemporary Discourse.
- Migration and Diversification of Livelihood: A case of Mumbai.
Interest areas of Research:
Sustainable Development, Gender Studies, Women and Labour, Cultural studies, sociology (theories & interpretations), Urban Development, popular culture and media studies, Micro-entrepreneurships, Research methodology, social Seclusion and marginalization
Delivered Guest Lectures(International)
- 1 University of Kent, “City, Development & Crime” , 2004, UK
- 2. York University, social policy Department, 2009, youth, popular culture and crime
- 3. Development and Crime, Clement House, ARC, LSE, UK, 20091 University of Kent, “City, Development & Crime” , 2004, UK